Monday, 28 April 2014

Maybe they should just make bigger towels

Well I survived. I mean I skipped the last death session of burpees because like all normal people I hate burpees. Not to worry though I kind of kept moving and bending and hopping so I am sure nobody noticed. But I am getting ahead of myself here. First of all I have to thank James who took me to Greco last week and told me he would take me today so I wouldn't feel alone and scared. James bailed on me! I was alone and scared James...alone and scared. I hope you feel bad! It is ok though since Hugo was there to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself. And I almost didn't. For those of you who know me you know I have two things I absolutely do not do. The first is go on trampolines and the second is jumping jacks. This isn't by choice mind you. I mean who wouldn't love a fun romp on the trampoline. And we all know jumping jacks are an excellent warm up! But any women who has had children knows that both of these are just an "accident" waiting to happen, same as a sudden sneeze or cough. You can keegle all you want ladies - trampolines will still cause leakage! So off I go (without James - just sayin') to Greco on Sparks Street. I get changed, find Hugo (who reassured me I wouldn't make a fool of myself), and we go in to start class. The first thing I hear is "ok everybody, warm up, start with jumping jacks". I have never clenched so hard in my life, but I made it through (mainly because they only did about 10 of them). Things went well for most of the exercises and I must say that you do get an awesome workout. Now they did have this one exercise where you straddled a step that had 5 risers on it and then you came up from the straddle and jumped up with both feet. The demo looked so easy. They said if you can't jump up that you could step up one foot at a time. I thought this was probably the best option for me so that is what I did. But Hugo was in front of me. He was jumping up and it looked so easy. So I thought I would try it. I wasn't easy. Well I assume it wasn't easy...I couldn't do it. What I could do was jump and knock the step over. Hugo pretended not to notice (thanks for that by the way). Now at the end of the class they give you a towel to go have a shower. The towel looked to be a fair size but it didn't quite cover me :( So folks I have a new 10 week goal to go with my 10 pounds - at the end of the 10 weeks I want the towel to fit!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can hear your voice when I read this. Spooky, it is almost like you are Morgan Freeman! Let us know how the abs are tomorrow, especially since you piled on the Kaj workout after. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete