Wednesday, 23 April 2014
This is NOT a weight loss blog...
If you are coming here looking for weight loss tips and suggestions...you may want to try another blog. Actually if you find a blog that magically makes you lose weight, could you share it with me?
OK I am a relatively fit person...I used to run up to 3 full marathons a year (I still run but shorter distances); I do karate (although I don't do it well); I swim (very slowly); I do all kinds of aerobic classes (where I go at the back of the room and cheat whenever possible); and I do weights (which I hate but am told that is the way to lose weight).
Did you see that list? Holy shit I am a freakin' impressive bitch aren't I?! I mean I must be rock solid and weigh 120 pounds of complete muscle. I must look like one of those girls in the fitness ads. Ummm...no. I am 200 pounds of flippy floppy fat. When I look in a mirror my eyes go straight to the tummy and I groan. And don't get me started on the boobs! Perky is not a word I (or anybody) would use to describe my body. Damn you Sir Isaac Newton and damn your gravity as well. Gravity is a bitch!
Now even if I don't give it my all 100% of the time, I do a lot of activities. So why am I cursed with all this flippy floppy weight?! I could give you my list of excuses which I regularly share with anybody I know. Lets see...there are the anti-depressants (everybody knows they make you gain weight), there is the benign tumour beside my thyroid which even though my doc says has no effect on my weight, I'm sure she is vindictively lying to me, there are genetics, there is all of the stress in my life from having cancer all around me...I could go on...but these are just what I called them...excuses.
Ok, so I am going to be honest here. Why am I fat? Well chocolate of course, and then there is more chocolate, and more chocolate. And candy. lets not forget the candy!
Then there is the procrastination, also called lazyness. I mean really; I could get up early and go for a run...or I could have more sleep. What is with these people that hop out of bed at disgusting hours (that would be anything before noon) to go work out? I will proctrastinate as much as possible before I head to the gym. Don't get me wrong, I do go, I just tend to also find excuses not to go (like napping).
So here is the deal. I just signed up at Greco here in Ottawa. This place has a reputation for working you hard. They also track your weight, body fat and overall fitness and go through eating habits etc. We have all done classes where you hide in the back and cheat on the yucky moves (burpees). I think at Greco they stand there and yell at you. Now I'm not sure if this method will work for me, it may just make me cry. But I am willing to try.
I'm not doing a blogertizment for Greco, that isn't my purpose. But if I put myself out there and be brutally honest, maybe I'll have better results and lose a few of those flippy floppy pounds. I know it won't be quick and easy. I have signed up for a 10 week plan...so I hope to lose 50 pounds in that time.
Just kidding, 10 pounds. That is my goal. Now I had the same goal 2 months ago and I only have 15 pounds to go before I lose that 10 pounds.
Ok so are we ready? Squeel! I can feel the pounds melting as we speak!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome blog! You can do this...yes, you can! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! Love you! You can do it :) And then really whip my butt in karate!
ReplyDelete