Wednesday, 30 April 2014
I knew I didn't like burpees but now I know I hate them
Ok Greco dudes - again with the jumping jacks??? and then in the change room some ladies (who I have to say are in amazing shape - wait that sounds creepy I wasn't stalking them in the change room - I was watching them during class - wait no, still creepy - just forget I brought it up)...anyway these ladies have told the trainers about the pee issue! HELLO! we should all just pee on the floor and let them wipe it up, then they will get it!
Pee-inducing jumping jacks aside, I gotta say the trainers are awesome. The one who did my session yesterday (he sounds like Badger from Breaking Bad so I'll call him Badger) came to me at every exercise to make sure my form was correct. It never was. Oh well that is what I am paying for right?!
I am ok with most of the exercises, and by ok I mean that I don't look like a complete fool when I do them. Well maybe I do, I avoid looking in the mirrors but I didn't see anybody pointing and laughing so....
So they have us do the circuit and then Badger and "other trainer" (I don't think that is his given name but it is something like that), give us these "bonus" exercises that always seem to include getting up and down really fast (ie burpees). I am an overweight middle aged women...by definition I don't get up or down really fast, unless there are cookies. So once again I kind of bent over and hopped around to fool them into thinking I was either on my way up or on my way down. I call these ninja burpees because it is like I am doing them so fast, you don't see the actual burpee part.
Of to karate tonight to practice fighting and maybe our kata 1 for the tournament this weekend. I still haven't told Claude I am actually entering the tournament and not just going with Caylie. We'll call this my little surprise for him! I know I won't win one fight and that I will probably burst out laughing in the middle of my kata but it might be just Steph, Beth and I in the newbee crazy lady category so I might still get a medal. Maybe if I add in some ninja burpees I'll have a better chance??!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll consider giving you the fight if you break out into full burpees mid-match!
ReplyDelete