Wednesday, 28 May 2014

If only I had known when I was a kid...

Being an adult is no fun. Well apart from the alcohol and stuff, and being able to drive to the liquor store to get more alcohol. I really didn't appreciate what I had when I was young. Remember when you were a kid and you didn't like something;you would have a little fit and what would happen? They would send you to your room! That was the worst punishment EVER!! I want that system back...when life doesn't go my way and I have a little fit or I cry, please, PLEASE send me to my room! I promise to pretend I am completely insulted that you would do such a thing, but for the love of god - send me to my room. And remember if you were tired and you acted all cranky? What would adults say? You need a nap! Dear god I need a nap right now, I am tired and cranky - where the hell is my nap?! I mean I could nap, but they frown on it at work, and when I try to nap at home I usually end up with a child beside me telling me about their day. And I have to act like I am interested! why? because I am an adult! I say again, being an adult is no fun. And don't get me started on the eating. I remember going to the movies with my mom when I was younger and getting an oh Henry chocolate bar. I couldn't eat it all - I ate half and gave the rest to my mom. Now I can eat four of them, no problem (not that I do - don't judge me). I may feel like puking afterwards but that doesn't mean I won't eat them. If they are there they get eaten. And of course now it all goes directly to my ever expanding belly! It didn't matter what I ate as a kid, I always heard "oh she is so skinny". And when you were little if you peed your pants it was kind of expected. Everybody has those mistakes when they are just learning. Now if I sneeze I run the risk of peeing, and people aren't so understanding about it when you are in your 40's. Keegals are bullshit after two kids by the way. I think we should have one day a week where we are treated like children. I vote for today and I am sending myself for a two hour nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment