Friday, 16 May 2014

This is a bummer post so if you don't want to be bummed out...move along to another blogger please. I did do Greco yesterday at lunch and again this morning. And I feel pretty good about myself in that regards. I went for a run the other day with Callie my dog but apparantly huskies decide at the 2 mile mark that they should lie down and rest for a while, and you don't get a say in the matter. Anyway, so what has me bummed? Well Claude has been fighting cancer for 3 years now, and although he has felt like utter crap lately, he has had a long break from treatment and was starting to have some enjoyment in life again. He has been "sick" with a flu bug that wouldn't go away and he kept saying to me that the cancer was in his chest, and I reminded him that he had just had a chest xray. Now this chest xray was done a little out of order than usual. The normal system is you get a requisition for all of your tests a couple of days before your appointment with the oncologist. Now this time they sent a request for an ultrasound and that was it. We went to the appointment and were asked why he didn't go for a chest xray. Ummmm because nobody told him to?! OK so now whenever you get a requesition for a test, you are automatically supposed to go for a chest xray...they won't waste time telling you this. OK this system is flawless except for one tiny detail - nobody told the patient about the new system. OK so here we are with no chest xray so the oncologist says that he can go have it done immediately and they will call if there is anything of concern. This was 6 weeks ago and no call - phew. Yesterday Claude had an appt with his GP. Now I don't go to those appts, he is a big boy and can handle them on his own. But this one was different. His GP was copied on the xray results, and it would appear they weren't good. I don't know the specifics since Claude decided to go have a few drinks after his appt (who can blame him) and when I finally saw him at 10:30 he had drunk quite a few. It would appear that there are spots on his lungs and something in some nodes. These will need to be confirmed but it really isn't looking good. I don't know what else to say...I feel numb again. This is stuff you just never seem to get used to. Thanks god for my little white pills!

No comments:

Post a Comment